The OrcaCon volunteers are the soul of the convention. We believe that a feeling of warmth, welcome, and inclusion starts with our volunteers. This is a team who are passionate about games, care about conventions, and love improving someone’s days as they go.
As an OrcaCon volunteer, you could be:
- lending a hand with Registration
- answering questions at Info Desk
- coordinating the Games room as a Games Admin
- teaching your favorite games as a Game Host
- And more!
What is a Game Host, you ask? Game Hosts are a concept created especially for OrcaCon. Game Hosts welcome attendees into the space, and talk about, teach, and play games. We consider them essential to creating as welcoming a convention as possible to players of all skill levels. The call for General Volunteers will be open later in the year. We’ll announce it on our social media when we’re accepting applications.
Interested in a role on the planning team? We’ll have the opportunities listed here throughout the year, so check back to see if there are things you’d love to do. You can email email@example.com to inquire about these opportunities.
Deputy Volunteer Coordinator
The Deputy Volunteer Coordinator acts as the assistant and stand-in for the Volunteer Coordinator, helping to create a support system for the volunteers of OrcaCon. Their responsibilities include:
- Coordinating with the Volunteer Coordinator to take on various responsibilities and tasks (which means they may take on or assist with any of the volunteer coordinator duties.)
- Assist with maintaining an up-to-date list of volunteers and reviewing new volunteer applications
Support the volunteers at-show to help ensure the volunteers are taken care of and fully informed.
- Become familiar with OrcaCon procedures and policies to stand in for the Volunteer Coordinator and handle volunteer orientation and onboarding
All volunteers create that welcoming environment to all types of people! If you have questions about volunteering at OrcaCon 2019, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.