The OrcaCon volunteers are the soul of the convention. We believe that a feeling of warmth, welcome, and inclusion starts with our volunteers. This is a team who are passionate about games, care about conventions, and love improving someone’s days as they go.
As an OrcaCon volunteer, you could be:
- lending a hand with Registration
- answering questions at Info Desk
- coordinating the Games room as a Games Admin
- teaching your favorite games as a Game Host
- And more!
What is a Game Host, you ask? Game Hosts are a concept created especially for OrcaCon. Game Hosts welcome attendees into the space, and talk about, teach, and play games. We consider them essential to creating as welcoming a convention as possible to players of all skill levels.
All volunteers create that welcoming environment to all types of people!
We also have a few year-round planning needs:
- VIP Green Room Coordinator – onsite only
- Info Desk Coordinator – onsite only
- Demo Table Coordinator – can be remote
- Advertising Coordinator – can be remote
- Street Team Coordinator – onsite only
- Operations Lead – onsite only
- Games Department Lead – onsite only
- Volunteer Lead -onsite only
The onsite only roles can do planning remotely, but you’ll need to be at OrcaCon to oversee the duties.
If you are interested in lending at hand at OrcaCon 2020, fill out our Volunteer Application! Click here – Volunteer Application.
Got Volunteer questions? Email Chip at firstname.lastname@example.org
Got year-round volunteer questions? Email Donna at email@example.com