Media Applications, Guidelines & Policies
OrcaCon is one of the largest table-top games convention in Washington State and prides itself in promoting a fun, safe, and welcoming environment for everyone. OrcaCon is where table-top game enthusiasts come together with our local table-top game industry leaders and share in a weekend of fun and gaming.
Press, TV News, blogs, podcasters, and genre organization will be referred to as “media” or media outlet” for these guidelines.
OrcaCon welcomes members of the Media and is happy to provide approved media members with a complimentary Media Badge. We must maintain a high standard of excellence when we award Media Badges, therefore we hope you understand the following:
- Your Media Badge allows access as long as space is permitting.
- Your Media Badge does not allow early access, special access or guaranteed seating.
- Your Media Badge does not allow you to cut lines.
- Your Media Badge will not allow access into any events requiring an additional ticket.
Complimentary Media Badges are extended as a courtesy. Each is issued individually and is non-transferable. You may not transfer or sell your Media Badge and any individuals conducting such activity will be disqualified from Media Badges at future OrcaCon events.
Other Points of Note
- Submit an online press pass application no later than 26 Dec 2017.
- Recognized print, broadcast, and online media outlets qualify for one press pass (with limited exceptions for size and scope of press outlet)
- Approved blogs/podcasting and genre organizations qualify for one press pass only (with exceptions for size and scope of outlet)
- Live broadcasts must be arranged and pre-approved by OrcaCon.
- On-site signage is permitted only for exhibiting media, or for media with sponsorship agreements with OrcaCon.
- Guests of Honor interviews will be granted on a limited basis. Interviews must be pre-arranged through OrcaCon Public Relations and are not confirmed until you receive written notice.
- We limit media outlets to interviews, podcasting, audio recording, photos, filming, and tours to a pre-arranged time during our Media day. During Media day OrcaCon Public Relations will give you a tour and allow you to interview select guests and staff. Media day usually starts Friday at 2:00 pm and ends around 4:30 pm.
- Media outlets may visit, interview, podcast, audio record, photos, film outside media day time frame provided you are given permission from OrcaCon prior to arriving. We will need to know when you are coming, what you will be doing, and who are you interviewing. When arriving come to info desk and one of our media representatives or OrcaCon staff will escort you.
- You may enjoy the con and play games as any guest.
- No photographs, video footage, or interviews can be scheduled with Guests of Honor and Special Guests and spokespersons without the prior approval of OrcaCon.
- No photographs, audio recordings video footage of panel and workshop sessions without prior approval of OrcaCon and the panelists of each session.
- OrcaCon reserves the right to deny an applicant a press badge if sufficient credentials are not submitted, or based on previous coverage experience with the show.
- Media accreditation is reserved for working members of the media only. This includes editors, reporters, producers, camera crews and still photographers.
- We reserve the right to modify this policy without public notice and to revoke previously issued OrcaCon accreditation/registration at any time.
- A history of being registered as press at previous OrcaCon events does not guarantee approval or waive the accreditation requirement. Misconduct or misrepresentation of position and/or publication/news organization may prohibit you and/or your organization from future OrcaCon events in the capacity of press.
- Camera crews must not block the flow of traffic at the convention for any extended period of time.
- All photographs or footage taken at OrcaCon may be used for editorial purposes only. Any other use requires the written approval of OrcaCon
After reading this page, please click through to the online form which follows. Complete this form in its entirety. Our PR Team and Board Members will review your form and respond within 30 business days of your application. Please understand that simply submitting this form does not guarantee you a Media Badge. It is only after this full form is received, reviewed and approved that a Media Badge will be issued. Incomplete applications will not be approved.
Answer every question as truthfully and completely as you can. There are limited Media Badges available, which will be distributed across print, radio, television, websites, blogs and podcasts. Provide as much and as detailed information as you can. Incomplete and vague applications will not be approved.
DECISIONS ARE FINAL
OrcaCon reserves the right to approve or deny any application. This decision is final and cannot be appealed. Include any and all information in your application that will allow the OrcaCon PR Team & Board to make an informed decision, as you will not be able to submit further information later on if your application is not approved.
If you intend to come to OrcaCon with a crew (photographer, cameramen, etc.), each member of this crew must complete an application. OrcaCon reserves the right to approve or deny any application and limit the number of Media Badges provided to each organization.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing you at OrcaCon 2018!