Quiet Room Rules
OrcaCon is a fun-filled and exciting event, but we recognize that conventions can be overstimulating for a lot of people. Our quiet room is for attendees to take a break from the noise and excitement of the convention. While all are welcome, the purpose of this space is to have a safe place for anyone who needs a break, such as nursing people, folks with sensory sensitivities, migraines, or individuals on the autism spectrum.
Please keep the following rules to ensure a respectful and relaxing environment for all:
- – Please keep conversations to an absolute minimum.
- – Please silence all electronic devices, including cell phone ringers and notifications
- – If you have to make or take a phone call please take it outside the quiet room.
- – Nursing parents are welcome, but this is NOT a play space for children.
- – You may rest your eyes, however this room is not intended for naps.
- – Small snacks are ok (except peanuts). Please avoid snacks with strong smells or noisy wrappers
- – Scents such as perfume and cologne should be avoided.
- – Be sure to put away any puzzles or other activities, so they’re available for the next person.
- – Please take away any discarded items you do not need, such as empty drink containers
NOTE: Attendees not being respectful of others may be asked to leave the quiet room by the room’s assigned OrcaCon volunteer. Have questions about the Quiet Room? You can email email@example.com.